Re: Test Leader in WGs

From: Lynne Rosenthal <lynne.rosenthal@nist.gov>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 13:16:16 -0500
To: "Karl Dubost" <karl@w3.org>, <www-qa@w3.org>
it is difficult and perhaps misleading to focus on defining the test
leader.  Since volunteers are difficult to get - typically, you take who
ever you can.  However, what does make sense is to focus on the tasks that
need to be done and how to manage and organize the work.

I agree with Karl's list.  These are all part of creating a test suite.

>I can identify a few things:
>
>- license issues for receiving test (contribution)
>- license issues for publishing test
>- cvs repository for the test cases
>- packaging of the test suites
>- manual of the test suites and each individual test cases
>- Feature/Test assertions/Test Cases package
>- Interoperability report
>- tools to manage the test suites
>
>All these kind of things might have influence on the work of a test
>leader. In which ways? Maybe just a guide detailing all the things that
>have to be organized and how to assign the tasks.

Maybe not 'how to assign the tasks' but what is needed to do the tasks,
what is involved, what skills are needed.  Some of this has been captured
in the various Test Guidelines efforts and Wikis.  Having such a guide
would be very helpful.

-lynne