Re: Test Leader in WGs

Le 25 nov. 2004, à 12:31, Bjoern Hoehrmann a écrit :
> It would make more sense to me to first determine all the work and
> then how to manage the work.

Agreed. It's why I'm asking here what people think it should be.

> In terms of what would make sense for the QA WG to deliver is a
> document listing all the issues around testing like dealing with test
> contributions and tracking test issues, what that involves and what
> could help to get that done.

I'm talking about any kind of technologies. So let's say a LoveML is
created and a Test Suite is created at the same time than features.

I can identify a few things:

- license issues for receiving test (contribution)
- license issues for publishing test
- cvs repository for the test cases
- packaging of the test suites
- manual of the test suites and each individual test cases
- Feature/Test assertions/Test Cases package
- Interoperability report
- tools to manage the test suites

All these kind of things might have influence on the work of a test
leader. In which ways? Maybe just a guide detailing all the things that
have to be organized and how to assign the tasks.

> Working Groups can then decide themselves whether it makes sense to
> have a "Test Leader" and what he would be supposed to do. Unless of
> course having a "Test Leader" has been properly researched and clearly
> determined as a best practise, but then you would not need to ask the
> questions above :-)

No. I'm asking the question because I have ideas but I prefer to have
more input because people might think differently or will have ideas I
didn't have. Maybe I was not clear enough about the context. It's not
related to the QA WG, but to any kind of WGs.

New WGs are always struggling with the same questions and they come to
a period of trying to define when it could be done before. :)

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***