Re: Proposed Quality Tip -- URI Usability

From: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 15:05:37 +0200
To: Rajasekaran Deepak <deepakr@students.iiit.net>
Cc: www-qa@w3.org
Hello Rajasekaran ,

Le jeu 25/03/2004 ŗ 22:05, Rajasekaran Deepak a ťcrit :
> A proposed quality tip, "URI Usability", is attached.

Thanks for your contribution, it's great to see new tips coming in! Here
come a few comments of my own on your submission:
* the tip mixes principles and techniques ; in the spirit of other tips,
I think it should focus on principles only, maybe with a separate
document on techniques (for Apache and/or for other Web servers)
* the tip as a whole is probably too long (although this is obviously
subjective) ; the tips are supposed to make a point quickly, that people
can dig further by following the links of the "further reading" section
* the tip addresses too many topics: Web site organization down to the
filesystem level, content negotiation configuration, user names design
* I don't quite understand the section on "Hiding extensions"
* as other suggested, the "must" should be softened to evoke more of a
good practice aspect

All in all, I think it might be wiser to divide your current document in
a set of more focused short tips.

Thanks again,

Dom
W3C/ERCIM