Re: QA: Good CSS class names

Hi Sybren,

Le lun 08/03/2004 à 23:59, Sybren Stüvel a écrit :
> I've written a tip about giving your CSS classes a good name. I hope
> you all
> like the tip, and place it online!

Thanks for your contribution! I've put the draft on-line:
http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/goodclassnames.html
linked from the Tips page:
http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/

hence the review period for it starts today. If anybody has comments on
it, please send it before March 23rd

Here comes my own feedback:
- I like the ideas that the draft develops; I think it's a useful
addition to the tips we already have in place
- the title refers to "CSS class", whereas the class attribute is part
of HTML, and can have other usages than simply applying CSS; I would
therefore suggests changing it from "A CSS class gives an element a
role" to "Use <code>class</code> with semantics in mind"
- rather than "role" which is not necessarily easy to understand when
applied to a language, I propose to use the term "semantics" which is
well anchored in the languages description
- it may be worth adding a note that this fits in the more general
principle of separating content from presentation
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/contentPresentation-26.html

Thanks again for your contribution!
W3C/ERCIM
mailto:dom@w3.org