SpecGL versioning Re: XML Extensibility and versioning

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 16:21:21 -0400
To: www-qa@w3.org

Le 09 août 2004, à 11:44, david_marston@us.ibm.com a écrit :
> In this thread, there are
> questions about how far SpecGL should go in supporting such planning
> ahead. At the heavy end, SpecGL would say that a spec should/must say
> something about version markers, forward compatibility, and maybe even
> the konds of changes that would constitute a "major" version change. (I

Somehow related issue... Spec GL has no versioning information itself.
We have experienced sometimes difficulties with WG because:
	1. We were evaluating their technology with a draft
	2. The draft has changed heavily and so the recommendations may have
changed.
	3. When SpecGL becomes a Rec... Are we sure that there will not be a
SpecGL New Reloaded Enhanced Super Extra version? If we are not sure,
we need versioning "Eat your own dog food".

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***