Re: OpsGL QA-commitment-group

At 08:54 AM 5/7/2003 -0600, Alex Rousskov wrote:

>On Wed, 7 May 2003, Lofton Henderson wrote:
>
> > CP1.3: Commit to complete test materials. [Priority 3] Conformance
> > Requirements: the WG MUST commit to produce or adopt a complete Test
> > Materials before Recommendation, where complete is defined as: at
> > least one test case for every identifiable conformance requirement
> > of the specification.
>
>I apologize if I missed the discussion about it, but not all
>"identifiable conformance requirements" are testable and, hence, can
>have at least one test case. Should "testable" qualifier be added?

I don't have a problem adding such a qualifier.  Objections anyone?

>Should we demand that all conformance requirements are classified
>based on their perceived testability?

We have a SpecGL issues group, yet to be discussed, about conformance
requirements and test assertions.  I'd propose to postpone this question
until that issue group comes up for discussion.  (I.e., I think it would be
okay to dodge this question in OpsGL, esp. in the topic of a WG recording
its general future commitment to QA.)

>Also, it is not clear from the above wording whether it is OK for N
>identifiable conformance requirements (N > 1) to be covered by 1 test
>case. Again, my apologies if the answer is already in some document.

I don't think that we intended to address any such limitations in these
early CPs -- they are about recorded early (e.g., Charter) commitment of
the working group to some level of future QA activity and
deliverables.  This is effectively about atomicity of test cases, and at
the Charter commitment phase, I wouldn't think it appropriate to ask the WG
to consider and commit to such details.

Regards,
-Lofton.