Re: OpsGL QA-commitment-group

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@measurement-factory.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 08:54:17 -0600 (MDT)
To: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
cc: www-qa@w3.org

On Wed, 7 May 2003, Lofton Henderson wrote:

> CP1.3: Commit to complete test materials. [Priority 3] Conformance
> Requirements: the WG MUST commit to produce or adopt a complete Test
> Materials before Recommendation, where complete is defined as: at
> least one test case for every identifiable conformance requirement
> of the specification.

I apologize if I missed the discussion about it, but not all
"identifiable conformance requirements" are testable and, hence, can
have at least one test case. Should "testable" qualifier be added?
Should we demand that all conformance requirements are classified
based on their perceived testability?

Also, it is not clear from the above wording whether it is OK for N
identifiable conformance requirements (N > 1) to be covered by 1 test
case. Again, my apologies if the answer is already in some document.

Alex.

--
www.measurement-factory.com | HTTP compliance+ - Co-Advisor test suite