LC comment for SpecGL : 'Section 3.1 - Poor Defn of Normative'

From: by way of the Lastcall Form <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 04:16 +0900
To: www-qa@w3.org

Here is a last call comment from Jonathan Marsh (jmarsh@microsoft.com)
on QA Framework : Specifications Guidelines (and Examples and Techniques)
received by the LC form system.

Submitted on behalf of: WS Description WG
Comment type: Substantive
The comment applies to: "Overall"
Comment title: Section 3.1 - Poor Defn of Normative

Comment:
"All sentences using a capitalized keyword from RFC 2119" ... this is a totally strange definition of how to identify normative text.  Since the definitions of terms are not normative, I am free to redefine them however I wish, and claim whatever conformance I care to.  Note that the stated priorities for each checkpoint are not normative.

Proposed resolution :
Develop a rational definition of Normative.
]]

--
This comment was submitted through the lastCall form system,
designed by Martin Duerst and Adapted for the QAWG by Olivier Thereaux.