LC comment for SpecGL : 'Complexity of numbering'

From: by way of the Lastcall Form <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 03:46 +0900
To: www-qa@w3.org

Here is a last call comment from Jonathan Marsh (jmarsh@microsoft.com)
on QA Framework : Specifications Guidelines (and Examples and Techniques)
received by the LC form system.

Submitted on behalf of: WS Description WG
Comment type: Editorial
The comment applies to: "Overall"
Comment title: Complexity of numbering

Guidelines escape the section/technical numbering of the remainder of the document.  Why isn't guideline 1 section 2.1?  And checkpoint 1.2 section 2.1.2?  This is going to cause confusion, when others make reference to the document: if I say 3.2, do I mean a checkpoint or a section?  Section 2 is by far the bulk of the document; perhaps each guideline ought to be given a section number instead (guidelines 2 through 15, then, instead of 1 through 14).

Proposed resolution :
Find a non-conflicting numbering scheme.

This comment was submitted through the lastCall form system,
designed by Martin Duerst and Adapted for the QAWG by Olivier Thereaux.