LC comment for OpsGL : 'OpsGL fails SpecGL checkpoints 1.2 and 1.3'

From: by way of the Lastcall Form <lofton@rockynet.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 05:54 +0900
To: www-qa@w3.org

Here is a last call comment from Lofton Henderson (lofton@rockynet.com)
on QA Framework : Operational Guidelines (and Examples and Techniques)
received by the LC form system.

Submitted on behalf of: N/A
Comment type: Substantive
The comment applies to: "Overall"
Comment title: OpsGL fails SpecGL checkpoints 1.2 and 1.3

Comment:
[This is really a comment about the "Introduction" section.]

"Operational Guidelines" (OpsGL) fails Checkpoints 1.2 (priority 2) and 1.3 (priority 3) of "Specification Guidelines", by not illustrating its scope with examples and/or use cases, and not providing usage scenarios.

Alternatives:

1.) Add examples and/or use cases, and provide usage scenarios;
2.) No need to, these are "not applicable" to OpsGL;
3.) No need to, OpsGL only needs to conform to itself at level "A-Conforming" (only priority 1 checkpoints).

While I believe that alternative #1 is the correct alternative, it might be helpful for OpsGL to explain its intentions about conformance (A or AA or AAA?) to SpecGL.  I.e., should OpsGL contain a SpecGL conformance claim?

Proposed resolution :
Alternative #1.
]]

--
This comment was submitted through the lastCall form system,
designed by Martin Duerst and Adapted for the QAWG by Olivier Thereaux.