LC comment for OpsGL : 'Checklist format issue '

From: by way of the Lastcall Form <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 03:12 +0900
To: www-qa@w3.org

Here is a last call comment from Phill Jenkins (pjenkins@us.ibm.com)
on QA Framework : Operational Guidelines (and Examples and Techniques)
received by the LC form system.

Submitted on behalf of: N/A
Comment type: Substantive
The comment applies to: "Overall"
Comment title: Checklist format issue

Comment:
[Entered into form by LH.  Comment applies to Checklists of SpecGL and TestGL as well OpsGL.]

I have noticed a number of "checklists" being proliferated on the W3C
pages.  I have a strong recommendation for improving the adaptability of
the checklist format - namely the number of column in the layout.  For
example, today most have a column for the number of the checkpoint, the
description of the checkpoint, and then a number of columns for YES, NO,
N/A.  Please consider adapting the following format:

Top matter:
      Version, date, owner, etc
Column 1 10% Checkpoint number
Column 2 40% Description
Column 3 10% YES, NO, N/A, Planned
Column 4 40% Comments
Bottom matter:
      Footnotes, exceptions, references, etc.

an example we find useful is at
http://www-3.ibm.com/able/accesssoftware.html

[[Following is (unarchived) comment from Ian Jacobs:

We redesigned the UAAG 1.0 checklist [1] based on
earlier comments from you [1].

We don't specify fixed widths for table columns.

 - Ian

[1]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/REC-UAAG10-20021217/uaag10-chktable.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000AprJun/0137.html
]]

Proposed resolution :

]]

--
This comment was submitted through the lastCall form system,
designed by Martin Duerst and Adapted for the QAWG by Olivier Thereaux.