Re: LC-67 leftover -- MUST use MUST?

At 10:42 AM 6/26/03 -0400, Karl Dubost wrote:

>[...]
>Some people will argue that the RFC 2119 is made for software and should
>be used only when you have implementations interoperability issues.

This is actually the issue LC-67 2nd part.  Our resolution of that is:  W3C
(and others) have broadened the applicability, and RFC keywords are widely
used in W3C (and elsewhere), in contexts other than software.  And also, we
should have a QAWG-Comm liaison project to write a Note about this.

>At W3C, we do not only have specs which defines software implementation
>but also semantics or concepts.

The new W3C Process Document uses RFC keywords.  (In lower-case bold.)

-Lofton.