Does Informative = Non-Normative

From: Lynne Rosenthal <lynne.rosenthal@nist.gov>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 10:51:27 -0400
To: www-qa@w3.org

Within the SpecGL, Section 6 References  has the additional qualifier,
"(non-normative)".  Although logic tells us that non-normative is the same
as informative, is there a reason that we did not label this section
"informative".  The reason for this question, is that we don't define
non-normative but define informative.  Additionally, Checkpoint 13.2
states: Distinguish normative and informative text and Checkpoint 13.4
states: use consistent terminology.

My recommendation is obvious - replace non-normative with informative.

regards
Lynne