Certification - Glossary

 From our worldview, Certification as a process is defined as

1.
QA or test experts collect
compliance requirements and data.
This is an iterative/interactive process

2.
QA/test experts perform compliance
check that criteria defined in the
requirements definition are met

3.
The requirements definition has
been defined by a certifying organization
or a standards body or an informal
consortium

4.
A final report on compliance
conformity and/or standards certification
is created and approved.

5.
Ongoing compliance requirements and
changes to requirements definition are
maintained by iterative effort.

Let me know what you think about it.  All views and feedback is welcome.

Vijay Sikka

Founder and Principal,
Nirixa, Inc.
303 Almaden Boulevard 6th Floor