Re: test suite distinctions [was: Re: Feedback on "The Matrix"]

From: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 17:54:14 -0700
To: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@measurement-factory.com>
Cc: Al Gilman <asgilman@iamdigex.net>, www-qa@w3.org
At 09:43 AM 2/28/2002 -0700, Alex Rousskov wrote:
>On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Lofton Henderson wrote:
>
> > Associated WAI-like checklists will allow scoring of processes, specs,
> > materials according to checklists, and rating of the target with WAI-like
> > conformance levels (A, AA, AAA).  I'm not sure that I'm understanding the
> > suggestions in this thread.  Is it suggested that W3C should:
> >
> > 1.) not produce such goodness-rating specs/tools?
> > 2.) produce them but don't, ourselves (W3C), apply them and publish
> results?
> > 3.) something else?
>
>I think it is (3) because the context of this thread is test suites
>(and their goodness-rating) rather than documents (and their
>goodness-rating). The original proposal was to rate the quality of all
>test suites listed in the Matrix. This is different from what you seem
>to be talking about (rating the quality of the documents that those
>test suite may have been based on).

Sorry for being unclear previously.  The Framework documents will indeed
address the goodness of test suites, and have associated
checklists.  That's what I meant by "Test Materials", which is our
catch-all phrase for test suites and test tools (to include validators, etc).

Does that change your choice of #3?

-Lofton.