Re: test suite distinctions [was: Re: Feedback on "The Matrix"]

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Lofton Henderson wrote:

> Associated WAI-like checklists will allow scoring of processes, specs,
> materials according to checklists, and rating of the target with WAI-like
> conformance levels (A, AA, AAA).  I'm not sure that I'm understanding the
> suggestions in this thread.  Is it suggested that W3C should:
>
> 1.) not produce such goodness-rating specs/tools?
> 2.) produce them but don't, ourselves (W3C), apply them and publish results?
> 3.) something else?

I think it is (3) because the context of this thread is test suites
(and their goodness-rating) rather than documents (and their
goodness-rating). The original proposal was to rate the quality of all
test suites listed in the Matrix. This is different from what you seem
to be talking about (rating the quality of the documents that those
test suite may have been based on).

Alex.