W3C Unified Glossary/Dictionary : gathering requirements

From: Olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 14:49:58 +0900
To: www-qa@w3.org
Cc: w3c-translators@w3.org
Dear W3C QA Interest Group and W3C translators.

One of the goals of the Quality Assurance Activity at W3C is to ensure
consistency and quality in the terminology used in our technical
reports/specifications.

This is why the QA activity has decided to lead the project of a
unified W3C glossary, combined with a multilingual dictionary for
translators.

We are now in the requirements gathering phase, and I hereby ask for
your input on:
- features
- data model
- existing tools
- existing similar pieces of work
- ...

I have summed-up a few ideas at:
http://www.w3.org/QA/2002/01/Glossary-req
This document will grow as ideas get submitted.

Every good idea is welcome, although, of course, I cannot guarantee that
all submitted ideas will be implemented in the actual service.

Please reply (with good sense) to me, privately (ot@w3.org), to the QAIG
list (www-qa@w3.org) or the translator's list (w3c-translators@w3.org).

When this requirement-gathering phase ends, we'll look at existing
software, and decide whether to use one of those or develop our own.

Thank you very much in advance.

--
Olivier