never ending story -> XHTML and mime type

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 05:06:17 +0200
To: www-qa@w3.org
Cc: mimasa@w3.org, Steven.Pemberton@cwi.nl
Hi,

Once again there's a long thread in www-talk about XHTML and mime
type. [1]  and [2]

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-talk/2001MarApr/thread.html#84
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-talk/2001MayJun/thread.html#0

I think it's the time to have a note and or a document on W3C website
to clarify the situation and take a decision. I see the need for a
note to eliminate any ambiguities or missunderstanding.

The note should have at least sections for:

webserver side -> How-To configure your server
Author side -> Authoring tools behaviour (editor, software libraries, ...)
UA side -> How-To interpret XHTML document

--
Karl Dubost / W3C - Conformance Manager
           http://www.w3.org/QA/

      --- Be Strict To Be Cool! ---