Taxonomy of tests (was: Test FAQ ready to release, draft announcement to Chairs)

From: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 16:52:07 +0200
To: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
Cc: www-qa-wg@w3.org
Le mardi 10 mai 2005 ŗ 08:37 -0600, Lofton Henderson a ťcrit :
> By the way, while looking up TestFAQ on the Library page [2], I noticed this:
> [1] http://www.w3.org/QA/Taxonomy.html
> [2] http://www.w3.org/QA/Library/#ref
>
> Should we (QAWG) have a look at it sometime and see if it still matches (or
> is consistent with) our view of the test/conformance landscape?  Does it
> need updating, or is it fine as it stands?  Should it somehow be integrated
> or referenced from other work?  It seems sort of lonely and without context
> there.

I agree it doesn't have any real standing at this time, and lacks some
context. Ideally, we would:
* see whether there are ideas in there that we think are of interest; if
not, we can simply drop it and mark it as historical
* if yes, if they integrate better in one of our existing doc, move it
there
* otherwise and at the very least, add more context/descriptions

Karl, maybe that something we could add to our agenda at some point?
There is no emergency for this obviously, but if/when there is a bit of
free time...