QAWG issues re: recent WCAG2.0 recommendations?

From: Tim Boland <frederick.boland@nist.gov>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 09:18:27 -0500
To: www-qa-wg@w3.org

Recent WCAG WG recommendations for WCAG2.0 structure and baseline are as
follows:

(1) WCAG would not set any explicit baseline

(2) WCAG would be written as functional outcomes (guidelines) and would
become a definition of what accessibility is, but without specification?

(3) The techniques documents would contain technical requirements
(specification?), but are non-normative.(techniques can be used to meet
guidelines, but are not the only way to meet guidelines).

(4)  Tests would test successful use of the techniques, not the guidelines

Several questions re: the previous:

(1) What QAWG-related concerns (if any) should I bring to the WCAG re: the
previous four points
(since I have been acting as "liaison" between the two WGs)?

(2) Given our recent discussions on definition of "specification", would
the techniques documents
be considered "specifications" in the QAWG sense?   What about the guidelines?

Thanks and best wishes
Tim Boland NIST