Re: Outline for Umbrella Specifications in ViS

Le 05-06-22 à 09:46, Tim Boland a écrit :
> I think we need at least one specific current example of an
> "umbrella specification" to illustrate and support our current text
> in ViS (since this is a new term to be in ViS but not in SpecGL,
> and we have examples of other aspects in ViS already).     If there
> is no such example of an "umbrella specification" to be found, then
> what is our motivation for describing an "umbrella
> specification" (to indicate current "best practice" or to point to
> a reference to aspire to for the future)?

Hmm maybe not perfect examples, but still examples, that could
partially apply

XML Schema Part 0: Primer Second Edition
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/

RDF Primer
http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-primer/
[[[
This is one document in a set of six (Primer, Concepts, Syntax,
Semantics, Vocabulary, and Test Cases) intended to jointly replace
the original Resource Description Framework specifications, RDF Model
and Syntax (1999 Recommendation) and RDF Schema (2000 Candidate
Recommendation). It has been developed by the RDF Core Working Group
as part of the W3C Semantic Web Activity (Activity Statement, Group
Charter) for publication on 10 February 2004.
]]]

OWL Guide and OWL Overview but not perfect.
http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-guide/
At least all documents refers to
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-owl-features-20040210/#s1.1 which gives
context.