Re: [SpecGL] Formal vs Prose Good practice wording

From: Lynne Rosenthal <lynne.rosenthal@nist.gov>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 19:00:13 -0500
To: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>, "'www-qa-wg@w3.org'" <www-qa-wg@w3.org>

Agree - it really is a technique and your proposed technique looks good.

Can we change the title of this GP?  It doesn't really make sense.  Isn't
the focus on using a formal language, rather than which takes precedence?
Since, you don't have to worry about the latter if you don't have the
former.  Suggest:
a) Use a formal language
b) Specify requirements with a formal language

The 'What Does this Mean' already talks about what to do if there is
conflict between the English and formal language - which takes precedence

--lynne