Re: New QA Framework Primer - version 2005-08-24

From: Lynne Rosenthal <lynne.rosenthal@nist.gov>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 20:50:54 -0400
To: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>, Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Cc: <www-qa-wg@w3.org>

Hmm.  I think Lofton's reasoning about keeping track of the document when
there are small editorial fixes - does get too busy.

I think that option 2 is good - if we can do it for major changes to the
document.  For example, this new version is not just different in adding
the intro and a new section - but if you notice, I changed the name.

But, (and now I'm waffling) we should go with the option that takes the
least amount of your time to prepare and publish the document.  Also, I
guess the question is - why would anyone care about the previous documents?

O.K., now that I've thought about it ---- I don't have any strong feeling,
but if I had to take a stand - as long as its not more work --- #2 - the
version-chain shows that we have been working and have produced multiple