W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-qa-wg@w3.org > August 2005

Draft minutes of 19 August telcon

From: Patrick Curran <Patrick.Curran@Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 12:08:26 -0700
To: www-qa-wg@w3.org
Message-id: <430A22AA.808@sun.com>
Here are the draft minutes from this morning's teleconference. Please 
send comments to me before the end of the week.

Thanks...








QA Working Group Teleconference
Monday, 22 August 2005

--
Scribe: Patrick Curran

Attendees:

(TB) Tim Boland (NIST) 
(PC) Patrick Curran (Sun Microsystems) 
(KD) Karl Dubost (W3C, Chair) 
(LH) Lofton Henderson (CGMO) 
(DH) Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux (W3C) 
(LR) Lynne Rosenthal (NIST)   

Guest:

(DM) David Marston (IBM)

Regrets: 

(DD) Dimitris Dimitriadis (Ontologicon) 
(RK) Richard Kennedy (Boeing)
(MS) Mark Skall (NIST)


Summary of New Action Items: 

AI-20050822-01: DH - Review legal sections in QAH to verify they conform to current W3C policy. Due 2005/08/23.
AI-20050822-02: KD - SpecGL should link to a more stable version of the conformance clause template. Due 2005/08/23.


Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa-wg/2005Aug/0045
Previous Minutes (Dublin f2f): http://www.w3.org/QA/2005/08/f2f-minutes 


Minutes: 


Agenda
   =====
   Scribe: Patrick, Dimitris
   Chair: Karl
   Template: http://www.w3.org/QA/Group/telcon-template.txt


1.) roll call 11am EDT, membership


2.) Routine Business
    Lead: Karl Dubost

    - Comments about the Dublin Minutes [1]

PC: good format - like the summary. Others agree. Thanks to Karl for doing a good job.

    - Lynne's birthday

All: happy birthday

3.) Spec GL Recommendation [2]
    Lead: Karl Dubost

    - Champagne!

KD: SpecGL has been published. All - congratulations.
TB: how will we handle errata? 
KD: small changes will be easy - larger will require a commitment from the IG


4.) Test Case Model [3]
    Lead: Patrick Curran

    - Work status, Deadline 24th
    - Review by Richard, Deadline 26th

PC: Do we need to distinguish between Purpose and Description?
DM: in XML Query there were two separate elements. One was constrained (so that it could be
contained within a table). 
PC: I can live with this - one is short, other is optional and provides more detail.
LR: Keep them both - see what kind of feedback we get.
DM: The "one liner" is also useful in automated systems.
PC/LR: raise the issue in the comments - ask for feedback.
LH: we could create a DTD or schema or RDF encodings of these elements. Make sure we mention both
possiblities in the introduction.
PC: Is there value to Required field since this is non-normative?
DM: This would allow tools to rely on the availability of these elements across test-suites.
DH: If we instantiate in a schema, would make the element required.
PC: OK - agreed.
PC: Is there value in linking directly into TestFAQ? Might be better to simply link document to document
(in both directions). 
Others: Agreement
KD: Encourages others to provide additional links.
PC: Any value to "hypertext" qualifier to "freeform"?
DH: May help when we instantiate into a schema. Explain this in the doc somewhere.
PC: OK.
PC: Looking for help with examples.
KD: Asks LH, DM, LR, TB to help with examples.
PC: DM and TB may be able to help. 
KD: Send to www-qa list asking for feedback? 
PC: Not until we're ready to publish - this is still too early. After we publish we will
certainly ask for feedback.



5.) QA IG rechartering
    Lead: Karl Dubost

    - Status

KD: working on a charter document - early stages. Will pass doc to LR next week.


6.) Conformance Clause Template [4]
    Lead: Karl Dubost

    - Status and Progress

KD: is working on the style sheet to make it work on all browsers. 
LH raised issue with section 3 (how normativity is described). See mail archives. 
LH: Introductory material needs to be rewritten now that the format has changed. (The formatting
is excellent, by the way.)
KD: agrees to work on the introduction.
LH: don't link from SpecGL to this work in progress. Suggests an alternate version to link.
KD: Takes and AI to make the substitution.


7.) Graphics and Reorganization of Variability in Specification [6]
    Lead: Karl Dubost/Dominique Hazael-Massieux

    Graphics [5]
    Reorganization - Deadline 22th

KD: has circulated a draft - is surprised by the volume of comments. Is happy to incorporate.
DH: has started to restructure the doc. Doesn't want to do anything too radical before our deadline.
KD: Discussion of details of the graphic - XHTML modularization discussed. 
KD: asks the WG to suggest additional graphics if people think they are necessary.
DM: Suggests replacing the graphic
PC: It's too late (KD agrees - keep this as an issue and deal with it later)
DM: agrees
[Discussion of wording...]
KD: agrees to make the following changes: in DOM graphic change "completes" to "augments",
in WCAG graphic change "composed of" to "defines"



8.) QA Handbook [7]
    Lead: Lofton Henderson

    - Detailed Toc - Deadline 22th

LH: had an AI to make a detailed TOC (including a SpecGL-style link to good practices). 
Changes have been made, and link circulated (see http://www.w3.org/QA/WG/2005/08/QA-handbook-ed-200508xx.html)
Second AI was to make a pass for editorial correctness. Due 8/31. Note that TestFAQ is now available so
can point to it for test-related stuff rather than to the Wiki. Suggests that Dom & Karl review the legal
section to verify that it is up to date and conforms to current W3C policy.
DH: takes an AI to review the legal section.
DH: This is due at end of month - who will handle publication? 
KD: will take care of it.
PC: follow up - no problem publishing a few days after the end of the month?
KD: no problem
PC: should we reorganize our publication space - IG rather than WG?
DH: No need for existing docs - IG can continue to maintain. New docs will probably be published in IG space.
KD: Might be a good idea to reorganize - keeping only "QA" and "IG" areas
LH: Since we plan to continue to work/hold telcons, isn't this different from IG activities (that are more
passive - involving only review of occasional messages)? Should we have a separate list for the more active
core members? People on IG don't want to see the details...
KD: Thinks people on the IG want to see more discussion.
LH: Olivier has reported that people on the IG don't want to be involved in minor details.
KD: It may help - people may see that there's more activity.
LR: Let's just start using the alias, and if people have a problem, we can think about changing. People
may appreciate the additional traffic.
LH: Still thinks it may cause a problem.
KD: Is working on the IG charter. This will be announced on the QA-IG list. ww-qa will be the mailing list.
We should start to work on this alias. If people object, we can create a separate alias.
[All] agreement.
TB: will the external appendices (QA Process Document template and Charter template) be completed?
LH: Yes
KD: Please send additional comments to mailing list



9.)  NIST Review of Test FAQ [8]
     Lead: Lynne Rosenthal

    - Status - Deadline 24th


LR: has comments from NIST - will circulate later today.


9.)  QA Primer Review [9]
     Lead: Lynne Rosenthal

    - Status - Deadline 24th

LR: working on it...


Adjourn (will meet next week)...



[1] http://www.w3.org/QA/2005/08/f2f-minutes
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/REC-qaframe-spec-20050817/
[3] http://esw.w3.org/topic/TestCaseMetadata
[4] http://www.w3.org/QA/WG/2004/08/SpecGL-template-text.html
[5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa-wg/2005Aug/0036
[6] http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-spec-variability-20050629/
[7] http://www.w3.org/TR/qa-handbook/
[8] http://www.w3.org/QA/WG/2005/01/test-faq
[9] http://www.w3.org/QA/WG/qaframe-primer 
Received on Monday, 22 August 2005 19:08:19 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0 + w3c-0.30 : Monday, 22 August 2005 19:08:19 GMT