SpecGL: 1.2A conformance claim techniques

From: Lynne Rosenthal <lynne.rosenthal@nist.gov>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 13:28:57 -0500
To: www-qa-wg@w3.org
My assignment to draft new techniques and templates for 1.2A provide
wording for conformance claims
It consists of 1 technique with several steps and substeps.  And, 2
templates/sample wording.

1.2A Conformance claims
Techniques:
*Provide a template for the conformance claim, include
1.  the full name of the specification along with information to uniquely
identify it – version, date and maybe even the URI
2.  placeholders for
   a.  the conformance designation – the label or type of conformance that
is being claimed
   b. the product claiming conformance with information to uniquely
identify it – version, date.
   c. the date of the claim
   d. Implementation Conformance Statement (if one exists)

Conformance Claim Template:
Form 1:
-Specification title, date, and version:  Foo Specification, version 1.0,
29 February 2003:
- Specification URI: http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/FOO-20032902
- Conformance designation satisfied: "conformant processor”
- Product name: My_Processor, version 1.2, 1 January 2004
- Date of claim:  1 April 2004

Form 2:
On 1 April 2004, My_Processor, version 1.2, 1 Junuary 2004 claims
conformance as a “conformant processor” to the FOO Specification 1.0, 29
February 2003, available at
<http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/FOO-20032902>http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/FOO-20032902