Re: Updated version of the test survey (AI-20040126-1 done)

Ref:  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa-wg/2004Jan/0074.html
(Dom's original draft)

At 11:30 AM 1/28/04 -0500, Lynne Rosenthal wrote:
>My comments.  [...]
>
>Suggest adding a question, (maybe before 5)
>- Are the test cases conformance tests?

I'm thinking that this is a little lacking in context as stated.  If we do
add such a new question, I would suggest:

** Move #5 up to follow #2 and put this new one with them.

** Generalize a bit, something like:  "What are the principal goals and
purposes of the test materials:  conformance testing? or other (specify)?"

Or the wording could go further and mention some other types of test
materials (interop, ...).

>Suggestion for Test Reporting question
>- Are test results captured and made available to WG members or the
>public? (if test reports are available on the Web, please give us a URI)

Dom said, "I think it would be useful, but I haven't found a way to
formulate it in a way that I thought would be understandable by enough
people".  As I look at Lynne's wording, it occurs to me ... if people have
a test-results-reporting scheme, they will understand the question.  If
they don't understand the question, the answer is probably "no".

Starting with Lynne's suggestion, I wonder if we ought to play off of the
preceding question about automation?  E.g., "Do you have an automated or
semi-automated process by which test results are gathered and made
available (examples: EARL, RDF, ...)?  If test reports are available on the
Web, please give us a URI."

Or another alternatively:  "Is the process of gathering and reporting test
results automated (examples: EARL, RDF, ...), or manual?  If test reports
are ...blah...blah..."