Re: "Variability in Specifications" WG draft

From: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 10:44:33 +0200
To: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
Cc: www-qa-wg@w3.org
Le lun 23/08/2004 ŗ 16:56, Lofton Henderson a ťcrit :
> Editorial Notes:
>
> ** I would change the list of "seven DoV" to numbered, instead of bullet.

Done

> ** I notice that the glossary of SpecLite does not contain definitions for
> profiles, modules, etc.

Karl, could you fix this?
Or do you mean there should be another glossary in this document?

> ** "Specification Category" -- this is under-specified.  I.e., it is
> difficult to understand both the explanations of the different categories
> (they each need at least a sentence of definition/discussion), and how this
> is critical to variability analysis.  I myself would have difficulty
> writing a Spec. Cat. analysis based on this.  We should develop the section
> better, or remove it.  For now, maybe "green flag" it to indicate that we
> think it needs attention.

I've added an introduction to the section that tries to relate the
specification categories to classes of products and variability; I have
flagged an issue at the start of the section for the other issues.

Thanks for the comments,