Re: TesGL comments

From: David Marston/Cambridge/IBM <david_marston@us.ibm.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 18:05:13 -0500
To: www-qa-wg@w3.org

>Comments on the TestGL, Dec 2002 version

When will this discussion migrate to the www-qa list?

>16. CP 4.5 Ensure the ease of use for the test automation
>This is a judgment as to 'ease of use'. It is important to understand
>who the audience is for using the test automation and build and
>document the automation accordingly. What is important is to document
>how it can be used. Also recognize that if people can+IBk-t figure out how
>to run the tests, they won+IBk-t use them.

I think rather the vague "ease of use", the real focus should be on
correct execution of the tests for repeatable results. If several
test labs obtain the test cases and software, they should all get the
same results when testing the same products.
.................David Marston