RE : Cc/pp S&V conformance section

Hello Lynne,

> However, I'm still having trouble with the clarity of
> non-validating consumers.
>
> 1.  The 2 categories are not written in the same style - they
> should both
> start the same (e.g., A consumer is a... or The behavior
> of....).
> 2.  As written, it is possible for a non-validating
> consumer to reject all
> non-conformant CC/PP documents, since the behaviour is not
> specified - thus
> it would be a validating consumer.
> (behaviour is not the US spelling - behavior)

Well, this is true : a ccpp consumer rejecting all non-conformant
profiles may decide to be in the non-validating section. Being a
validating consumer means that you are doing more work than the snd
category. So if you can apply for the 1st category, then you may decide
that you would prefer to stay in the lower category but i've hard time
understanding the rationale behind such a decision.
The 2 categories are not mutually exclusive. Being a validating consumer
means that the product would have more constraints as we have to
evaluate the behaviour for non-conformant profile.

> 3. Do you really need #2, since a validating consumer rejects
> non-conformant documents, then anything else is
> non-validating.

This is a good question. We already discussed it many times in the
group. We specifically want to say that it is not required to be
validating to claim that you are conformant to the spec. Thus we have to
distinguish between the 2 cases no ?

> 4.  If #2 is the inverse of #1 then I think
> that what you had before was
> clearer - basically, a consumer is non-validating if it accepts any
> non-conformant CC/PP document.

No, this is not the case and that's why we changed the wording to make
it clearer that #2 is not the inverse of #1

> 5. Suggestion for #2:  A consumer is a CC/PP non-validation
> conformant
> consumer if it accepts any non-conformant CC/PP document.

That's not the case. Definetly a non-validating consumer is a consumer
for which we have no requirement on its behaviour regarding
non-conformant profiles.

So is it now clearer ?

Thanks for all your comments
Steph