Re: SpecGL Use Cases

From: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 11:26:19 -0600
To: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>, Lynne Rosenthal <lynne.rosenthal@nist.gov>
Cc: www-qa-wg@w3.org

We approved this SpecGL use case, but it has a slight inaccuracy that needs
to be fixed...

At 06:23 PM 6/20/03 +0200, Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux wrote:
>[...]
> >  ∑       a Working Group has committed in its charter to a level AA
> > conformance to the Specification Guidelines for its specifications (as
> > required for AA conformance to the Operational Guidelines, for instance) ;

The "(as required...)" is inaccurate.  OpsGL AA conformance doesn't require
SpecGL AA conformance.  Rather, OpsGL CP1.1 (as revised) requires that the
WG make a SpecGL conformance commitment (of A, or AA, or AAA).  This is a
priority 1 CP.  Therefore it relates to OpsGL A conformance.

This would be accurate:

"* a Working Group has committed in its charter to conform to the
Specification Guidelines for its specifications (as required for A
conformance to the Operational Guidelines, for instance), and has picked
the level AA conformance level."

> > it uses the Specification Guidelines to assess the conformance of its
> > specifications at different stages of the specification life

-Lofton.