Re: settle new telecon

At 09:05 AM 10/17/02 -0400, you wrote:
>[...]
>2. Starting on time - that is no later than 10:05

That's sort of on time -- it only wastes about 10% of the hour.

>(in case people's clocks are not exact).

Really, can't we expect people to be able to know the correct time by now,
if they have an appointment on the hour?  If we build 5 minutes grace, then
people will shoot for 11:05 and actually arrive at 11:09.  Etc...etc...etc...

The meeting and roll call should start as soon as the minuter is present,
and that should be 11:00 (okay, maybe 11:01).

-Lofton.

p.s.  Do you want to circulate the phone number of the NIST atomic clock?

p.p.s.  Go to http://www.worldtimeserver.com/atomic-clock/.  You can get a
free client -- "Atomic Clock Sync 2.6" -- to install on your computer.  It
can automatically sync your computer clock with a server connected to the
atomic clock.