Re: Spec Guidelines

I'm not sure I agree. Pubrules are hard and fast rules;
if you don't follow them, publication is rejected. It
should be kept as short as possible.

The style guide is on a different level. It tries to help
editors, and contains many things that may be obvious to
people who are used to technical writing, and many things
that one could also do another way, and where it is good
to have some help, but if somebody has good reasons, they
should be able to do things somewhat differently. The
style guide is already long, and can get longer.

Regards,   Martin.