Issue #22

From: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 11:19:48 -0700
To: www-qa-wg@w3.org
QA WG --

It is clear that we are going to have to do significant amounts of issue
resolution, or at least preliminary discussion, on our WG email
list.  There is one issue that I (wearing hat of "'Introduction' editor")
would like to have some discussion on:  Issue 22 [1], "Should the scope of
the Introduction [2] be expanded?"

I would like to break it into two parts:

22a.) resolution:  yes/no (or some modification of the suggested 3-bullet
expansion).
22b.) necessary/unnecessary before FPWD.

The Table of Contents shows a present scope of approximately:

** Overview of QA Activity and goals
** survey of QA resources;
** description and roadmap of QA Framework document family;
** and, guide and primer to using the framework documents.

I would like to propose that the answer to 22b is "unnecessary before
FPWD".  The 2nd proposed bullet in particular is a substantial issue, and
cannot be answered in less that a few months I would think.  The 1st
proposed bullet is still being sorted out (although Intro chapter 2 deals
with it a little bit).  I have no objection to a simple cut and paste from
the charter to "Intro", if that is all that is meant by the 3rd
bullet.  (But before we do that we should answer #22b.)

Comments on 22b?

Question for #22a:  Is the scope about right now, or should it be expanded?

Follow-on question:  If "expanded", then should it include
	-- first bullet
	-- sencond bullet
	-- third bullet
	-- other?