Fwd: sign up for Techniques Analysis

QAWG participants --

I have gotten questions about the Techniques Analysis assignment --
uncertainty what the assignment consists of.  So let me review the proposal.

There are three GL documents -- OpsGL, SpecGL, and TestGL.  Each GL
document has an Extech (Examples & Techniques) companion document.  As
pointed out at Montreal, Ops-Extech is all "Ex" and no "Tech" -- i.e., it
doesn't present techniques that are sufficient to satisfy the checkpoints,
it only presents examples of how some projects relate to the
requirements.  We decided that we wanted techniques in these document
(didn't we?).

So we agreed to a proposal in mid-summer that was built on Mark's
suggestion at Montreal.  We will each contribute to the definition of
techniques.  Each of you will pick one document and work on it:  pick
OpsGL, or SpecGL, or TestGL.   Look at each checkpoint of your GL document
(OpsGL, or SpecGL, or TestGL).  For each checkpoint, enumerate a set of
techniques that can be used to satisfy the checkpoint.  You don't need to
draft the entire text, just outline the techniques sufficient for editors
to take and develop full text.

Since there are 10 "volunteers" (QAWG members), and each is doing one
analysis, there will be several people working on each of the 3 GL
documents.  We want to ensure that we have uniform coverage on each
document, e.g., we don't want 8 OpsGL, 1 SpecGL, 1 TestGL.  So we will make
a limit -- at most 3 people working on each of the documents.  First 3 to
sign up.

Whatever your document -- OpsGL, or SpecGL, or TestGL -- there will be a
couple of other people working on it.  So (we haven't discussed it yet),
you can team up and split the document, or collaborate in some other way.

Time frame:  tbd.  Soon after a GL document is "stable enough".  Before the
end of the year, for sure.

Note.  This is in different from and in addition to your review assignment
(of WGs, specs, and test materials).

Questions or comments?  Agreed?  (We can discuss in 4-sep telecon.)

-Lofton