Re: wording "strict conformance"

From: <skall@nist.gov>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 21:27:40 -0400 (EDT)
To: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
Cc: www-qa-wg@w3.org

Quoting Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>:

> I need a little help clarifying some wording...
>
> Reference:
> http://www.w3.org/QA/WG/2002/08/qaframe-spec-0811#Ck-clarify-strict
>
> It says:
>
> "Either use the definition provided above (@@link) (or in the QA
> Glossary
> [QA-GLOSSARY]), modify it, or provide your own definition (@@really?!).
> It
> is strongly recommended that the definition given above be used to
> ensure
> consistency across WGs and promote a common understanding of conformance
>
> requirements."
>
> What about "...provide your own definition"?  Why do we say that?  What
> is
> an example/scenario where it would make sense?

Almost none.  The only thing that we may have meant is that the definition
talks about requirements in the specification as in "only requirements defined
in the specification".  If one was defining strict conformance for a level or
a profile they would talk about "requirements in the level/profile" instead of
specification.

Mark