RE: Ops Guidelines Issue

We haven't addressed and answered the underlying issue yet -- do we intend
to prescribe for existing WGs?  But for the sake of discussion, let's
assume that the answer is "yes".

Gd.1 and Gd.2 contain 7 checkpoints.  The first 6 apply to all WGs, new
groups and existing groups.  *What* they should do is the same (if you
ignore the words "in the charter").  The only difference is *how*, i.e.,
the technique.  New group:  "In the charter".  Existing group:  "Somehow"
(okay, "somehow" could be something like "Minuted resolution in a WG
meeting", or "charter amendment", or ...).

Gd.7, by comparison, is only applicable to some WGs in some special
circumstances -- externally developed TM which are to be transferred to the WG.

I think that it is more natural and more streamlined to differentiate
new/existing in the "Techniques", than to replicate a handful of
checkpoints that specify essentially the same "what-to-do", with slightly
different wording for new/existing.

-Lofton.