Re: New Definitons for Glossary

From: Mark Skall <mark.skall@nist.gov>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 16:34:54 -0400
To: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
Cc: www-qa-wg@w3.org

>But sorting out this particular example is probably irrelevant.  *If* we
>were to include example(s) in the definition of TA, they should come from
>familiar W3C standards.  You (at NIST) have plenty of that from XML work,
>DOM work, etc.

Agreed.   However, you asked what a test assertion looks like.  I responded
that they are incredibly varied and can look like almost anything.  That's
why I provided one from a non W3C area - to give you a different perspective.

I'll have Sandra send out some examples from the XML test suite.
Mark Skall
Chief, Software Diagnostics and Conformance Testing Division
Information Technology Laboratory
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8970
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8970

Voice: 301-975-3262
Fax:   301-590-9174