Re: New Definitons for Glossary

From: David Marston/Cambridge/IBM <david_marston@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 12:10:04 -0400
To: www-qa-wg@w3.org

I, too, would like to see the term "test assertion" defined in a
manner that is approachable by QA practitioners and product
developers.

"A set of premises that are known to be true by definition in the
spec."

The above makes me think of my ancient academic study of syllogisms
and the like. That's far removed (in my world-view) from the
semantic space where a spec (document) specifies (asserts) how a
class of product must behave. When testing, you have a product, you
stimulate it in some way, and you evaluate whether the resulting
behavior conforms to the spec. Where does the "premise" fit in?
.................David Marston