Approve of draft policy - disapprove of software patenting.

From: Michael Spahn <Michael.Spahn@gmx.net>
Date: 17 Jan 2003 11:21:07 +0100
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org

I request that W3C approve the draft patent policy, because it's a
compromise worth supporting between current and future patent holders
and the interests of the free software community.

Free software programmers should be able to implement all future W3C
standards and to openly distribute this code. The availability of free
implementations will in my opinion benefit all users.

I object to software patents, and support efforts to eliminate them at
the legislative level.

Michael Spahn, Germany