I believe

From: <bill@wadley.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 17:25:07 -0600 (CST)
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org

I am writing to request that the W3 Consortium Patent Policy Working Group
amend the policy to prohibit the imposition of "field of use" restrictions
on patent claims contributed to W3C standards.

I believe in free software; free for me to read, free for me to change, and
free for me to enhance in ways that are hopefully beneficial to the world.

I believe in standards; standard ways to encode information, and standard
ways to transmit that information.

I believe in the World Wide Web Consortium; a consortium with the best
interest of the human race at heart.

I believe in you.

Please do the right thing and change this policy.

Thank you.

Bill Wadley
bill@wadley.org