Comment on section 3 item 3.

From: David GLAUDE Mailing <dglaudemailing@gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 13:47:39 +0100
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org

Hello,
I am David GLAUDE from BELGIUM.

I am unhappy with the proposed W3C Patent policy that will deny me to
redistribute free software (under the GNU GPL) that implement patent
granted to me under the Royalty-Free (FR) Licensing Requirements.

Indeed, if such a patent is granted to me for a specific field of use
(see section 3. W3C Royalty-Free (RF) Licensing Requirements item 3:
"3. may be limited to implementations of the Recommendation, and to what
is required by the Recommendation;") then since I can not garantee that
for myself or anybody else reusing my code, my software can not be
distributed or re-distributed.

Since this is a big issue, I think that item should be reconsidered and
removed. Also it would be nice to extend the dead-line to permit more
thinking about this issue.

Thank you for taking this comment into account.

David GLAUDE