Pass W3C Patent Policy

From: David Teague <teague@jackson.main.nc.us>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 07:10:05 -0500
To: <www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org>
Cc: <bruce@perens.com>

Gentlemen and Ladies of W3C:

I believe that it is in the best interests of all users of the 'net
that the W3C approve the draft patent policy. It is a usable
compromise that protects the rights of Open Source and
Free Software programmers to implement W3C standards.

While software patents and user interface copyrights are a
danger to usable software,  I strongly support efforts to
eliminate them at the legislative level.

David Teague
Associate Professor of Computer Science
Western Carolina University

Disclaimer: I speak for myself only. I do not speak for the
CS Department of Western Carolina University, nor for the
University, nor for the University of North Carolina System.