The Future of the W3C (Patent Policy)

From: Colin Bell <cp.bell@bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 02:52:09 -0500
To: <www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org>

To whom it may concern,

I am a second year computer science student at the University of Waterloo in
Waterloo, ON, Canada.  I feel that the "field of use" restriction proposed
in the W3C Royalty-Free Patent Policy working draft points the W3C in the
wrong direction.

I look to the future and hope that, years from now, the web is still
governed by a standards body that values freedom and innovation above all

I hope that the W3C will drop the "field of use" restriction from the
Royalty-Free Patent Policy.  I align myself with the Free Software
Foundation on this issue.  Please see my stance at:

Colin Bell