I object to the "Royalty-Free" Patent Policy.

From: Chris Seager <chris@seager.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 12:22:58 +0000
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org

Dear Sirs,

I urge you  to consider the posistion of the Free Software Foundation
regarding the proposed Royalty-Free Patent Policy and the incompatibilities
between its "field of use" restrictions and the GPL.

As a developer working on systems which use free software, I am very concerned
how such an incompatible clause could be subverted by large organisations to
the detriment of free software.

Thank you for allowing my comment.

Chris Seager.
Sussex, UK.