Comments on W3C Patents Policy

From: Mark P Sullivan <msulliva@stevens-tech.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 14:01:44 -0500
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org

I have been following the W3C's proposed patent policy and generally
support it.  However, I would like to remove the "field of use"
restriction from Item 3 of Section 3 since it conflicts with Section 7
of the GNU GPL.  This inhibits reuse and integration of free tools.

A better explanation than mine can be found at:
http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/w3c-patent.html

--
and a happy new year to you all . . .                       Mark P Sullivan
http://attila.stevens-tech.edu/~msulliva/# # # # # #To a wonderful universe