Call for Comments: W3C Royalty-Free Patent Policy Last Call Working Draft

From: Mike S <mikesrgreen@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 19:35:14 -0800 (PST)
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org

Royalty-Free Patent Policy Last Call Working Draft"
which may be found at
http://www.w3.org/2002/12/patent-policy-lastcall-info.html
I want to urge that the policy at section 3.3 (and all
relevant related sections) be amended to prohibit the
imposition of "field of use" restrictions on patent
claims contributed to W3C standards. I request that
the W3C policy require licensing of essential patent
claims (that block intereoperability) on a
royalty-free basis without limitation.

Michael Skelly, Sr.