Approve of draft policy - disapprove of software patenting.

From: Kevin Caswick <kcaswick@wspackaging.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 13:12:01 -0600
To: <www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org>

Dear Sirs or Madams:

I request that W3C approve the draft patent policy, because it's a
compromise that protects the right of Open Source / Free Software
programmers to implement W3C standards, and I realize that compromise is
a requirement in a world of people with differing agendas.

I object to software patents, and support efforts to eliminate them at
the legislative level, which will hopefully make this a moot point some
day.

Thanks,
        Kevin

--
Kevin L Caswick
WS Packaging Group

"Software is like fire - it can be freely distributed without lessening
the original flame."-konstant <mpriest@microsoft.com>