Please keep the draft patent policy

From: Colin Walters <walters@gnu.org>
Date: 19 Nov 2002 19:40:45 -0500
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
As far as I understand your draft patent policy, it looks good.
Avoiding RAND patents allows people in the Free Software and Open Source
communities to implement W3C standards.  Free Software programs like
bind, Postfix, and Apache have supplied a large part of the
infrastructure of the Internet since its birth, and are vital to its
continued existence.

Speaking as an active member of the Free Software community, I commend
you for choosing to avoid RAND patents.  Please keep the current draft
patent policy.

Thanks!