CONGRATS on a reasonable (royalty-free) policy for W3 standards.

From: David A. Wheeler <david_a_wheeler@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 14:21:53 -0800 (PST)
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org

I applaud the W3C for realizing that standards must be
implementable royalty-free (since, by definition, any other
approach would be discriminatory).  I also applaud the W3C
for agreeing on various procedural rules to keep the
standardization process open.  Please do not revert to
permitting so-called "RAND" policies on this final vote.

Thank you.

Do you Yahoo!?