I oppose including any patented technology in open standards.

From: Bill Richardson <bill@riverstonenet.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 11:31:25 -0800
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org

Regardless of the current "intent" of patent holders, the actual governmental
laws may allow a later change of heart from those patent holders. Additionally,
there are world-wide conflicts in jurisdictions over patented technology which
may be applied to servers, browsers, IM clients, or future software.

Allowing patents is a Bad Thing, and I oppose it strongly.

Bill Richardson

[My views are my own, and do not necessarily represent those of my employer,
Riverstone Networks]

--
bill@riverstonenet.com
http://www.riverstonenet.com